Virgin - Unfilled P.T.F.E. is the most common form and has some unique features which, apart from its good slip characteristics, the advantages of this high performance product lies less in its mechanical than in its thermal, electrica.
- Chemically inert
- Insoluble in all known solvents below 300ºC
- High thermal stability, continuous service temperature range -270º to 260ºC
- Low coefficient of friction
- Outstanding electrical and dielectric properties
- Resistant to stress cracking and weathering
- Limited use in structural components because of low modulus of elasticity
- Poor wear resistance
- Poor mechanical strength
- Non toxic EU and FDA approval for food contact applications
- Very high specific gravity
- Easy to machine
Mechanical seals, gaskets, packing's, electrical insulators, bridge bearing pads, chemical bellows, vee rings, valve seats, spiral back-up rings, ball valve seats and seals, expansion bearings, chemical transfer tubing, linings and coatings, glandless valves and pumps, laboratory equipment.