Impact strength is perhaps the most important of the many features of Polycarbonate Flat Sheets. It is 250 times stronger than glass, and 30 times stronger than acrylic. Whether it is used as window glazing or in signs, rocks, bottles, hailstones will bounce off it. It is virtually unbreakable.
Design versatility allows Polycarbonate Flat Sheets to be used in many ways. It can be vacuum formed and painted into high strength outdoor illumination signs. It can be cold bent on site for curved architectural glazing.
- Very strong – about 250 times more resistant to impact than glass
- Half the weight of glass products of similar thickness
- Resistant to UV and other outdoor weathering
- Good electrical insulator
- Easy to print on, paint on, bond and glue
- Free of odour and taste, making it suitable for food applications
- Easy to bend, curve and cut on site
- Sound-reduction properties are similar to glass
- Bus shelters, telephone booths and canopies, security and safety glazing.
- Architectural fittings (e.g. roofing, skylights and walkway covers)
- Protective eyewear, motorcycle windshields and visors, riot shields and visors. Industrial (e.g. glazing, aircraft interiors, viewing panels in vending machines)
- Standard Sheet sizes on thickness of 1mm (clear) : 2500 x 1250mm
- Standard Sheet sizes on thickness of 1.5, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12mm (clear): 3050 x 2050mm
- Standard Sheet sizes on thickness of 3, 4mm (light/dark bronze): 3050 x 2050mm